Today there are more options for improving the look and function of your teeth than ever before. Seeing a Professional Dentist in Houston will allow you allow you to reinforce your gums, roots, and enamel while revitalizing your teeth’s bright appearance. Whether you are restoring teeth, enhancing their features, or need a replacement tooth, dentists can deliver superior work at affordable rates.
General dentistry in Houston will always be popular because it provides essential baseline services for your teeth:
- Oral Exams: Every dentistry service begins with an oral exam. Whether you are going for a routine checkup or an extensive procedure, an oral exam helps you gauge your teeth and gums’ overall health. During an oral exam, a dentist assesses the gums, enamel, roots, and other areas’ functionality, stability, and health.
- Teeth Cleaning: Keeping your teeth clean is the key to enjoying them for many years to come. Professional teeth cleaning allows a dentist to scrub the areas you often miss with routine cleaning. A specialist can clean out the plaque and buildup down below the surface gumline, giving your teeth greater stability later on.
Many restorative dental services fall under the category of general dentistry. These services may include:
- Fluoride treatments
- Fillings and sealants
- Root canals
- Tooth extractions
- Dental crowns and bridges
Whether you need a tooth repaired or replaced, a certified dentist can provide the right solution that gives you long-term results. Restorative services enhance your smile and improve the workability of your teeth at the same time. You will love the results!
Over time, you may notice in decline in the appearance of your teeth. If so, there are several ways to restore the white enamel and improve your mile. Some of the most popular cosmetic dental in Houston health services include:
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is the simplest and most cost-effective way to restore the look of your teeth. You can choose between in-house professional cleaning or take-home kits. Professional cleaning is fast and gives you instant results. Take-home kits allow you to whiten your teeth gradually.
- Dental Bonding: Another way to improve the appearance of your teeth is professional dental bonding. This is a preferred method if you have broken, chipped, or short teeth that required more extensive work. A thin bond adheres to the surface of your teeth. It fills in the gaps or covers up the blemishes. Dental bonds can last for several years and require little to no maintenance.
- Dental Veneers: Like bonding, veneers are thin, sculpted shells of porcelain that the dentist places over the front of your tooth. Veneers are resistant to tough stains like coffee or wine. If you brush daily and take care of them, they will stay white. Veneers are custom-made to match the color and shape of your teeth. They offer a natural look so that you can’t tell the difference.
- Braces: If you or your child need major corrections in your teeth, braces may be a healthy option for you. Two of the most popular types of braces today are clear aligners. Each has pros and cons, depending on your current situation. Ask your dentist about braces and which type is best for you.